Tuesday, August 11, 2015

"Live Simply" 12x12 canvas for Fancy Pants

Hey Everyone!   I'm still here :)  That week just seemed to slip away from me.  We( using the "we" loosely") lol, have been busy working on expanding out back deck, and you know how that goes, when one thing is tore up it seems like chaos  everywhere.  At least around here it does.  Tools on my kitchen counter never settles well with me.  But..... biting my tongue because I'm happy to see the progress being made. With the crazy hours Dan works it's hard for him to find time for projects like this, that he used to do so much more of before having to go to overnight hours.

Anyway.... today I thought I'd share a canvas I recently had up on the Fancy Pants Designs Blog.  It's a 12x12 Canvas I created using two different Fancy Pants Collections. Office Suite and Flutter.
You can read more of the details here on the Fancy Pants Designs Blog, if you are interested :)




Okay, so a  couple of posts back I posted a photo of Wyatt sitting on the couch and you could see part of my gallery wall but not all of it. I had a couple of people contact me asking me to share the entire wall... so here it is. My sis gave me that big mirror in the middle for an early birthday present because I saw it and loved it SO much.  So I decided it was a good time to change up the entire wall.
I used to really think and re think everything I hung on my walls. Not anymore. Now I just hang what "I" like and don't worry if  it's how others think it should be.  Decorate your home the way YOU Like it. YOU are the one who lives there right?  If it's comfortable and feels like home to you and your family.. that's  all that matters.
I LOVE going into other peoples home and seeing how it reflects THEIR personality.

Hey... and if your an outdoor person or you have other interests that are more important to you, and decorating your house inst your thing ... that's fine too. Invest your time in what you love doing.
I decorate because I like to... not because I feel like I have too.

Tuesday Mornings have the best pillows!
I have to admit the paper mache dear head was making me a little unsure at first. It was really different for me to have something so dimensional sticking out from the wall.  But once it was painted that subtle grey, I really liked it.
Where that oval frame is was a mirror. I didn't want another mirror there but I needed something. I had just picked that frame up for $1 at a garage sale and it fit in the space. I wanted to pull some of the aqua color into that area, so I found a piece of scrapbook paper that I had been coveting because I loved it so much. It was a brown, aqua and  gold flower print.   I put it in the frame and hung it.  Now I can enjoy that paper every day. lol  

Did I mention that my sis finds the best deals also??  She found me the base of that lamp(below) for $11. What?

Thought I'd share my other new little lamp, that she and I found at the "At Home" store.   I love that place!
The table, mirror, deer and locker basket are all flea market or thrift store finds.


Last week Wyatt and Emmett were here for a couple of afternoons and it was SO good for Daisy. We really weren't expecting her to miss Molly as much as she has been , simply because since Molly's heath had been bad, she had been keeping to herself quite a bit. Poor Daisy has seemed lost lately.  It was so good to have the boys here to play with her. She loves them.
Dan wanted me to go with him to look at patio doors at Menards on his day off, which happened to be one of the days the boys were going to be here, so we all went.  While we were there the boys and I found a bird house for the tree in the side yard.
We have been cramming in as much of Summer as we can. I'm not ready to give it up!  We have been really enjoying all the yummies from Wes's garden.   I used to love gardening, but I've decided I like the fresh veggies even more when they are delivered to my kitchen counter, and I don't have to do the work. lol
We have had  BLT's a number of times this Summer.  Yum!



Time to go make the most of the day.  I got up early today, it was a beautiful morning.  I should stop being such a night owl, mornings are nice. lol

Thanks for taking time to stop by.

Vicki

1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

That is the most clever way to hold on to (hoard?) a favorite paper ever! It justifies not using it for other things! I love it and the wall and everything you do. Sweet thoughts and hugs to you my dear friend,.