Wednesday, September 02, 2015

"Little Buckaroo" card and a BABY SHOWER!

Hello!
I finished up editing some photos from the baby shower yesterday so I could share them with you in this  post. Saturday was such a fun day. I was so excited to see my niece Neely.  With her and Alan living in LA we don't see as much of them as we'd like.  The girls and I have been planning this shower for her for some time now... and it was finally here! yay!
I had made this card for her using Fancy Pants "Childish Things" Collection.   It's one of the older collections but one of my faves.




The the shower, we rented the same clubhouse we usually rent for our family showers. It a great central spot for those coming from the surrounding towns and it's a nicely kept place.       My sis and I had great help with this shower.  Three of Neely's long time friends, Janelle, Kendra and Amy, were our pardners in crime this time.  We were an awesome team :)   Well... and fun loving one for sure!
Between my sis and I we had plenty of decor things .  I made these different banners by sewing together different cut colors of cardstock.  A lot of inspiration was  found here Karas Party Ideas
My sis found that little crib at a flea market and had Amy ( who is an amazing seamstress) do up a mattress pad ,  pillows ect.. with some different fabrics Jan  picked out.

We always get the cakes for the showers at Sams.  The Coconut cake is to die for!  I'm not a  dark chocolate girl, but they say the choc is  amazing. This was the first time we also tried a Carrot cake because we noticed the size of the cakes was smaller this time around.   The carrot was yummy also.
I made some fun little do dads to decorate the cakes with just wooden dowels I painted and paper also.



Neely is going to be such a good momma and Alan a good dad. I'm so excited for them.   Neely's friend Kiana  made her that headband of real flowers for the shower.

Here are a few other photos of the decor.  A framed photo of the little man of honor.

I made  these little seat savers for the mom and grandma to be.


for cards

My sis had filled these shadowboxes with photos of Neely and Alan when they were babies. She also had  Some of her beautiful apothecary jars filled with cute baby things. This one had a stuffed animal and little baby moccasins she had gotten for the baby in it.
This jar had Neelys baby shoes and baby rattle in it. 
I had made a little guest book for Neely using a Fancy Pants Foiled Gold Heart Mini Brag Book
I had cut little tags that would fit inside that people wrote advice on.  I had added her ultrasound photo, photos of her and Alan, the shower invite, a photo of the shower planning team, and then  left places for her to add photos from the shower and journaling.

Food? Well, lets just say, no one  should have gone home hungry.
I covered the bbq meatballs, cheeses, veggies and fruits dept.
My sis made these individual layered dips  that were amazing!

Kendra  made these darling deviled egg boats
and Amy these Little boats of basil, mozzarella, tomato and balsamic drizzle with basil from her garden, that was out of this world.


Janelle made these pretty cucumber bits and Amy these pinwheels.  Which I need to get the recipe for. They had sun dried tomatoes on them and were so yummy!

Once things started rolling I didn't get as many photos .but here are a few that I did  snap before and after.  Luckily I had asked Keith (bil) if he would stop by and snap some :)
I was so glad Julie was able to make it.  I love these two smiling faces so much!

I'm bummed I didn't get a picture of just Neely and my sis together, but you know how it is, they were both busy visiting with everyone.  I know there were photos taken after the shower, so I'm hoping there is one in there.




This photo cracks me up.  SO perfectly sums them all up!  Neely and her besties. 
Oh... I love this bunch of crazy girls so much!

With all the negative things  going on in the world lately, I'll tell you what ... seeing all this joy, is good for the soul.  I'm so happy for Neely and Alan.   And  I cant even explain how my heart feels when I see my sister and Keiths face light up when they talk about being grandparents!!  It's times like these when I know my parents are just smiling up in heaven.

Thankful for these days



Vicki


3 comments:

harrahx2 said...

She looks wonderful and your card is adorable!

ddlady said...

Vicki, everyone who worked on the baby shower did such a wonderful job. The food looked so yummy and all of the decorations were so beautiful for a baby shower. I loved the floral crown Neely wore. She is such a cutie! Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful moment with us!
Warmest wishes,
Linda C.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Vic, the shower for Neely looks like it turned out great with all the cute decor ideas and the food looks so yummy! I'll have 1 of each please. Please say congrats to grandma Jan for me. It will be our turn to be grannies next!

Sandy