Thursday, October 29, 2015

Album in a Pie Pan using the "Gather Together" Kit from The LIttle Blue House

Yay! Finally ... the day is here! the "Gather Together" Front Porch Kits from The Little Blue House are available and we get to start sharing our projects!   I'll be sharing the links to the other girls blogs at the bottom of this post so that you can check out their projects.
I'm going to break mine up a bit and start with this Album in a pie tin that I created with goodies from the kit first.  When I saw the pie tin in there I knew immediately I wanted to create an album in it.  And if there was ever one thing that I wanted to document and create it was a "cooking" themed album about, my moms Sour Cream Cookies.   They were something my mom always made, especially at Christmas, but actually any time. The recipe originated with my Aunt Edith, and my mom carried the torch for years after Aunt Ede was gone.  Now that mom is gone, us girls do our best, but for some reason they just never quite seem the same.  I guess it's moms loving touch we miss.   Anyway, I'm glad that we spent time making these WITH mom and that I took photos along the way.  I was happy to have them for this album.

I prepped my pie tin by crackle coating it.  I started by painting the entire thing with red acrylic paint. Once that was dry, I painted a coat of Crackle Coat, and let that dry completely.  Then ended with the top white coat of acrylic paint that crackled nicely.


I added the recipe the the inside cover.

There are a number of pages so I just snapped photos and put them into these collages for you to see, instead of drowning you in photos :)

These photos are priceless memories for me so I'm so happy to have them put into a cute little album. And have it be one that I can sit out on my kitchen counter to enjoy seeing and to share with others.   This kit had so many great things in it that would perfect for a project like this.









Miss Tracy has put together an amazing kit! Check out all that is included!

You can purchase here in the Little Blue House online Store.




I have MANY more projects to share that I've created with this kit, so I hope you keep visiting!
Oh... and pop over and see what the other girls have created ok?


LBH Blog Tracy Susan L Lynette Me... your here! Susan T Valerie Rhonda 

I'll be back!
Thanks for coming by

Vicki

7 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Love this and love seeing the photos of your mom. Brings back warm memories! Great job Vicki! You always do a great job!

Bev Gerard said...

The moment I saw your Mom's recipe & first photo that this creation is completely from your heart! What a terrific treasure showcase in this most unique kit!!!

Rea' said...

What a cute idea for an album ... so special too !

Susan said...

Your book turned out so cute! What a fun way to remember your mom and her baking.

janel said...

This is so adorable....looks just like you. How fun to have your mom, right in the kitchen with you....fun for me to see her sweet smiling face. Wonderful work!

2amscrapper said...

very clever project from this cute kit!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love this so much, Vic! Those memories are priceless...and I know you miss rolling out those cookies with your mom as much as I miss baking bread with mine. My bread is good...but never quite as perfect as mom's! Thanks for sharing this! Hugs!