Monday, October 05, 2015

Halloween Door Decor

Happy October Everyone!
Last week I was lucky enough to get to create with goodies from "The Little Blue House".  I'll be sharing some of the things I created over the next couple of weeks, but today I thought I'd share this Halloween Door Decor I put together to dress up my front door for October.   The frame is a wood veneer frame from Micheal's that was just painted with orange acrylic paint.    The papers are from Pebbles Inc.
All this month on the "Little Blue House Blog" they will be sharing fun Halloween projects, so I hope you pop over there throughout the month to check out all the creativity.
For those of you who .. like me, don't  live close to Keller TX, they do have an online Store here.
 You can also follow them on Facebook and Instagram, to see all the fun things they are up too.


Here is a little step by step of how I created the medallions.  IF you would like a more detailed tutorial, here is one I did in a blog post some time ago.   STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL




I'm really enjoying it on the front door as a nice change from my usual wreaths.  I also love that it's light weight enough to be held by just a suction cup :)

Thank you Little Blue House for always having such CUTE things to create with!!

___________________________________________________

Another Beautiful wedding this weekend!
My cousin Craig's daughter Jerri, got married this weekend .  Jerri and Dustin had their ceremony at the State Lakes.  It was a beautiful setting for a wedding.


Jerri was a gorgeous bride.

My cousin Craig and I are the same age, so we were buddies growing up.  Although he lived in SD where my Grandparents and other Aunts and Uncles lived, we made lots of trips there to visit family. He lives here now, and this is where he raised his two girls. What an amazing Dad he is.
I couldn't resist pulling these photos side by side. lol  The first one was taken ... oh, only about 50 years before the other ( which was taken at the wedding on Saturday).  The first one was of us holding kittens at Grandma and Grandpas farm in SD.


Below is my Uncle Al. (Craig's Dad).   Uncle Al is my moms only brother.  I cant begin to tell you how much I admire this man. A quiet man,  gentle, kind, and hardworking to a fault.

90 years old, he makes the trip from his farm in SD to see his granddaughter get married.     When the wedding party was supposed to go into the crowd and each bring one person onto the dance floor to dance with... she goes to him.    It was a ROCK'N song... not a slow song.......... but does he  shake his head no?   I think NOT!   

And I thought I couldn't admire him more.  What a guy


That topped the night off for me.
Great day all around.

I'm hoping your weekend was a good one.  As always, thanks for stopping by and letting me share my crafts... my family , and whatever else comes along, with you :)

Vicki

2 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Love the door hanging. Never think to use paper that way, with the stripes like you did! Must Try!!! What a beautiful girl and yes, she and you should be proud. A wonderful family, filled with love. You can never ask for more.

Country Liv . . . said...

Happy birthday Vic! I wish you all the joy you can handle this year!

I πŸ’˜ your door deco!

You have such an awesome family, congratulations to the happy couple!

My best to you all! πŸ˜€πŸΆπŸΆ And don't forget the pups!