Friday, October 30, 2015

More projects to share from the "Gather Together" Kit from The Little Blue House

I'm squeezing in lots of posts these days, but I wanted to share some more projects with you that I created using the "Gather Together" Kit from The Little Blue House.  There was so much in this kit, it seemed to go on and on. I still have pieces left to play with.  You can see everything that comes in the kit HERE
You can see lots of projects using the kit on the Little Blue House Blog  and also on the DT girls blogs ... which I'll link to below in this post.
Here's a layout with a photo of one of my favorite little guys.


There were all kinds of pieces in the kit that would work for layouts, cards, gift containers, altered projects ect.   Fall always makes me want to bake.

Here is my very favorite chocolate Chip cookie recipe.
I always let the dough chill and drop them onto a cool cookie sheet.
Also .. another simple treat bag.

I have more to share...from this kit , after tomorrows Halloween post.

Here are the links to the other girls blogs so you can check out their projects using the kit.

LBH Blog
Tracy
Susan L
Lynette
Me... your here!
Susan T
Valerie
Rhonda 

**********************************************************

 Its been a hard week. After having to say goodbye to my friend Sally, I spent some time working on her memory board for her service. It's emotional to work on a memory board of someone you've been friends with for 35 years.... but also fun to see photos from their childhood you've never seen.  It's bittersweet I guess.  
 


Sally was a kind, loving person with a huge heart.  Her three boys all spoke at her service. They knew how blessed they were to have such an amazing mom.  I was thankful and honored to get to hold Sally's new 8 week old baby granddaughter during the service. I needed a distraction during the service, and a reason to be able to step out now and then.... and that beautiful babe was just that.  Her grandma will be her guardian angel now.... as she will her little grandson Issac.  
 

Alzheimer is a horrible disease..  it does not define who my friend Sally was. She had a beautiful life before it stole her memory away.  She was full of energy, love and kindness, with a laugh like no other.

Pray for a cure


Vicki

4 comments:

Rhonda Merry said...

Love your page LO. Emmitt is a cutie. and so sorry about your friend.

harrahx2 said...

Nice tribute vicki. Hard to put together without a lot of tears but also a bit cathartic to help say so long for now. You did a beautiful job.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

So sorry for your loss. Your memory board is a wonderful tribute. My mother has dementia and I'm thankful she has remained a "Happy, Smiling" mother. It's her current happenings she don't remember and constant repeats, but it could be so much worse. Your friend was so young and it's hard for young families not to have a mother and grandmother. Hugs to you.

Debbie K. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ms. Vicki! It's hard to loose anyone and especially a good friend.