Monday, October 26, 2015

The first Sneak Peek for the LBH new Front Porch Kit "Gather Together"

Hi friends.  I'm starting off today with the first of the sneak peeks of projects done with the new Front Porch Kit The Little Blue House will be Offering come Thursday.   It is an AMAZING kit!  The kit name is called "Gather together". When you see it, you will understand why that is such a fitting theme name.  Us ( the LBH girls) will be sharing peeks on our blogs over the next three day, starting today. And then on Thursday the kit will be available and we will begin sharing our projects in entity.


Here are peeks at a few of the projects I've been working on. I have loved every minute I spent creating with this kit!  It was fun!  It's full of all kinds of creative goodness!



Here are the links to all the girls blogs so you can be sure to check them out

LBH Blog
Tracy
Susan L
Lynette
Me... your here!
Susan T
Valerie
Rhonda 




*************************************

I have some sad news to share.  Those of you who have followed my blog for some time now, have heard me talk of my dear friend Sally who has been suffering from Early Onset Alzheimer's for a number of years now. She has been in a care facility only about 20 minutes from me for about the last 3 years, so I visit with her almost weekly.  She took a turn for the worse on Thursday. She passed away in the middle of the night Saturday night. She was my friend for 36 years. At one time was married to Dan's brother, so their  three boys are our nephews. My heart hurts for them... and for her husband Alan.     My heart just hurts in general. I'm going to miss her so much.    It's true what they say about Alzheimer's,  "It's the long goodbye"   I didn't understand that at first, but I certainly do now.   You loose them little by little.  It hurts to see them confused. It hurts when they cant remember your name anymore. On and on.  Pieces of them leave.  I can't tell you the number of times I've sat in the parking lot of the facility after a visit and cried. This is a horrible disease, that I hope we find a cure for very soon. Sal was only 56 years old. She has grand babies she didn't get to know.,.. and that breaks my heart.  There is just so much about this disease that is sad.  But.....  it certainly does not define who my friend was. She was a full speed ahead, full of energy, happy person with a contagious laugh.And she laughed a lot!  She was an amazing mom who loved her boys like nothing else. They always came first!
 I'll remember us raising our little boys together. Taking them to the park. Tossing them in the tub together at times in the evenings and putting their little jammies on , to sit and have popcorn at watch a movie together, when the guys worked nights. Cross stitching together. Bike riding together. Talking on the phone numerous times a day sometimes. Baking chocolate chip cookies for the kids together.  Those are the things I will remember about her.

Cherish your true blue friends and keep them close because there is never a guarantee how long you'll get to have them.

 Rest in Peace Sal, your suffering is over. I love you.




 Her obituary


If you have never seen "I'll Be Me" the story of Glen Campbell  and his battle with Alzheimer's , it is an amazing movie. I have watched it twice now.  Even if you aren't a huge fan, it's good, and if you do like him as a musician, you really should see it.

This song says so much.



Vicki

8 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, I know how sad you feel and I know how much you loved. My heart hurts for you. Alzheimers is the worst thing, right up there with cancer. I wish I had words to say what I feel but I don't. She is at peace and your heart will rejoice for her. Love to you my friend,

Michele Henderson said...

Touching and thoughtful post today! I was thinking how much "Gather Together" seemed to remind me of so many family memories that will always be so special and made us who we are.
Take care!
Michele

Laura said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure she was an Amazing person and friend. I noticed that she and I celebrate the same day of Birth. Alzheimer's is a Horrible sad thing. She was afflicted and died way too young. Again so sorry for your loss. Sending good vibes your way.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I am so sorry that your beloved friend has passed. My BFF went to Heaven 3 years ago and now reading about yours brought tears to my eyes...they are always in our hearts! I also have a photo of our hands together and it's so special. God Bless and rely on Him...
warmly,
deb

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Dear Vicki, I am so sorry to hear that your dear friend Sally passed away and my heart goes out to you. My internet is out in my office but Chelsea told me yesterday. I know it was such a long struggle for her. It's such a heartbreaking vicious disease. You were such a great friend to her and it must have been so painful to keep going to visit her after she deteriorated so badly. You inspire others to do, care and give more of themselves. Sending our love, xox Sandy, Scott, Chelsea, Holly & Katie.

Liv Hudson said...

Oh, Vic, my condolences on the loss of your friend. Your post is such a sweet tribute to her and all the folks who are ravaged by this horrible disease; like cancer, it seems to touch every family in the world now. The Glen Campbell song is so appropriate too. Much love and hugs.

Jill Norwood said...

Vicki my heart is with you and all who love Sally so much! I know how hard and deep the loss is and I send my love and hugs to you and her family. Blessings and hugs my friend! Jill

Tonya Hamilton said...

So sorry for your loss... prayers for His peace and comfort.