Thursday, December 10, 2015

Banners, Decorating, Photos, Baking, Shopping.......it's December!

It seems like once Thanksgiving is over it's just full speed ahead. Wow, I don't know where the days go. I've been trying to get a few things done and in the mail... but I need time to just slow down and cooperate :)
I worked on this banner today to stick in the mail for my niece Neely. They have a brand new baby so they won't be traveling back to NE for Christmas this year. I know she will miss being able to come back and see everyone so I plan to send off a little package to her, and this will be one of the things in it.  I'm sure her and Alan will certainly love their first Christmas home with their new sweet babe, there is no doubt about that.
This banner was made with "Hello December" Collection from  Glitz Designs


It's a gorgeous collection. I love the colors!

It's always fun to get something in the mail.  I hope she likes it.


What else have I been up to this month? Well, I got to take photos of this little dolly!  Is she just precious or what?   Her Daddy is good friend of my boys.  And now her mommy, daddy and her live on a farm just up the road from us. They are amazing neighbors.... and keep me supplied with fresh eggs, so you cant beat that! lol
She is just the happiest baby!

I have to stop myself  because I have about 30 more I'd love to share here right now, but I'm disciplining myself. lol

Of course, being December I've also been trying to make the house a bit more festive. I seem to like things much simpler than I use to.  This makes me happy.  I always like to do one blog post that is just dedicated to home decor, so I'll be doing that soon.
( as you can see Miss Lily has become quite comfortable around here :)   My original plan for that fluffy white throw wasn't for the dogs to sleep on it. But...

With this time of the year , also comes baking.  I finally got started on a bit the other day.







It's just tradition that each Christmas we make moms Sour Cream cutout cookies , so tomorrow sis comes!
It will be a day of baking!

Some of these cookies will go into the box to send to Neely and Alan ( and baby Tennessee) also.  The rest will go into the freezer for Christmas.

Time to finish things up around here and get ready for tomorrow. I really look forward to that time with Jan, carrying on moms legacy in this small way :)

I'm hoping you are taking time to enjoy the good things December has to offer and can step back from the hustle and bustle that sometimes sucks us in this time of year.  I know I keep telling myself... slow down, enjoy what your doing, don't just do it because it's something that has to be done.

This tickled me 


Carry on.... enjoy the day!

Vicki

4 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Oh your cookies always inspire me to try. I am so not a good baker. Can't wait to see pictures of the baby and hope your days are going well. Enjoy your sister ad bake up a storm!

Jane Wetzel said...

lovely post and love your blog banner..beautiful! Merry Christmas!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Darling photos, Love your decor and those cookies look delish!!!
warmly,
deb

Scrappin Cheryl said...

That banner is darling! And just curious - what are the cookies in the middle, do I see cherries?