Monday, January 11, 2016

Felt Flower Pillow using Accucut die F1029CLC

Hey friends!
 I'm hoping you had a wonderful weekend.  I stayed inside a big share of the weekend. It was SO cold out, and it was also Dan's work weekend, so I figured it was a good time to do a little crafting.  I was excited to try out the two newest AccuCut dies I had ordered. They came last week, and have  been sitting here on my work table calling my name.   The first one is this gorgeous 3-Flower F1029CLC
I cut a few with paper first but then the endless possibilities just kept running thru my head until I just got up and  grabbed my bin of felt :) 
I remembered I had this pillow slip cover, I had picked up a while back at Hobby Lobby when they were on sale, ( hoping to alter it).    There are certainly two ways  to do this project, depending on if you like to sew or not, and if you want to take the time, or if your okay with the glue gun version.   This is the glue gun version. Simply because sometimes I just need instant "crafting gratification" lol    I'm totally looking forward to making up some more of these felt flowers and blanket stitching around the edges tho.   I LOVE to blanket stitch! I think it's so relaxing.


 For this no-sew version, the flower layers are just hot glued on top of each other, and onto the pillow, with a vintage button hot glued in the center.
Just another reason I love AccuCut dies. They cut fabric like butter.
If you don't own an AccuCut machine yourself, be sure to share this project with your local Scrapbook store that may have a machine for customer use. They may be interested in ordering this die for their store.  It's fantastic!

I'll be sharing a project at the end of the week  where I've used these flowers again, cut out of paper.  But here's a peek so you can see how they look when the creases allow the paper to really be dimensional.


I was thinking of cutting some to add to my etsy shop if there is any interest. Both in paper and in felt.







Thanks for stopping by and letting me share. I still have another new die sitting here and I'm anxious to play with.  Why do things like cooking and laundry keep taking up my time. lol    Oh trust me, where there's a will there's a way :)  


                                     Vicki

1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

Love your creativity. I would never have thought to hot glue changes like that!!!