Monday, January 04, 2016

"You and Me" layout using Adornit

I know, I know, it's hard getting back in the routine after the Holiday isn't it?  You could almost sense a unanimous groan this morning. lol  It will get better, I promise.  We didn't even do anything exciting over the weekend or on New Years, but it was nice to just do things in our own time.
Thought I'd share a layout  I did using Adornit's  You & Me Collection  
 Love this color combo! I'm a huge fan of Adornit. Carolee and her family are not only wildly talented but just as nice as they can be!
I love this adorable photo of Wes and his girl Amy too :) 


I woke up this morning to a beautiful view outside. The trees were all covered in frost. If it wasn't so cold out, I would have grabbed my camera and headed out on a adventure.. but...... instead I took this shot with my phone from the dining room window.


If that wasn't enough to start my morning off on a good note.... the UPS man delivered the Hazel & Ruby Stencils that I ordered ( to add to the once I already have "wink")  I've had a number of people email me able what stencils I use for my canvas projects.  These are the ones I think work best .. hands down.  The reason I'm mentioning it again is they are still 75% off .  What?  I know right?   I always like to share when I find something that works great.



So.... more about our exciting weekend. For the most part it consisted of things like, Netfix, pajama pants, pizza, ect...  But then they second half of the days off, I  coaxed the Dan to Menards to look at bathroom sinks again.  Gentle nudging on my part :) and the ball got rolling.   Once he gets going.. he's on a mission. Then I just stand back and he goes to town. lol
We have this little bathroom near the mud room that has need a new sink for some time. Finally!
And he also replaced the bathroom faucets in the bath upstairs with nice new pretty ones. YAY! 
Doesn't take much to make me happy.. really :)
It always feels so good just to get a couple of projects out of the way.


I also worked on tidying up and reorganizing my studio some yesterday. ( the closet)  I have everything labeled, it's just that sometimes I get in a bit of a hurry and things don't get put back just as it should.  I got things straightened up, tossed a few things, and did some rearranging.    I have a lot of stuff ( because I save everything), in a space that isn't all that big, so keeping things labeled and organized is important.... otherwise it's impossible to find anything!
I plan to keep working on it ...just once area at a time.  Actually that is my plan with the entire house.  Little by little.  A drawer or closet shelf a day.   We'll see .. but that's my plan.

Here's to a great start to your week!
Hope it's a good one!

Vicki

2 comments:

harrahx2 said...

We think alike. I cleaned up my card list, did the remainder of the bills and cooked some soup. Clearing paperwork and sorting stuff out! Love the page and that young lady had the prettiest eyes and they match her necklace! Hugs Vicki. Keep pushing me to clean out!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love your little bathroom. We have a tiny bathroom (ONLY bathroom in our 107 yr old home) that used to be a pantry in the early days (they had an outhouse). anyway, did you get the wire stand/rack that goes around the sink at Menards? There are no closets, cupboards anything in our bathroom and that would be so handy. We have a sink very similar to this one that we also got at Menards.