Monday, March 28, 2016

"Wonderful Day" Card Trio

Hello Friends!
Hoping you all had a wonderful Easter.  It was a different one for us, as we are celebrating in two weeks with our large family get together, since that's when our Florida family will be back. It was strange for it to be so low key around here yesterday. We are really  looking forward to our gathering with family that's coming soon.  Happy  to have my sis coming for a visit!
I haven't  spent much time in my studio at all lately.  I've been doing some Spring cleaning and just keeping busy with life stuff. I did sit down do a little card making last night and it was so relaxing.

I dug into the Fancy Pants "Wonderful Day" Collection. Again, not a new one..but one of my favorites.  It's funny, I was thinking as I was choosing papers, how much my tastes have changed over the years. I used to stay away from bright colors. I loved only pastels. Vintage for sure... but Shabby vintage.  Now I love bright bold colors. Almost a vintage retro vibe.  I've always loved mixing patterns, that has never changed.   Years ago before I started to lean toward mostly vintage, I used to used everything and a anything .. and never let myself really get set in a certain style.  I was designing for a kit club then, and I loved that each month was a new challenge.  .  Each month is new and different product ... and if it's a good kit club... it's filled with new products that challenge you.  I'm so thankful for that time. I learned a lot and pushed myself to try new things.
When I started designing for Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage..... my love for vintage got a chance to shine with all that beautiful product.
All thru that time I designed for Fancy Pants and have always loved each of their Collections.  It's been 11+ years that I've been working with FP and  I can honestly say I think I'm loving them now more than ever.


Wednesday is Amy ( Wes's sweetie) s birthday, so this card will be for her.


Speaking of Amy... her parents are here visiting from CA this past week so we met up and had dinner to meet them.  Such nice people. Why didn't I remember to take a photo?  I'm slipping.
They brought us some YUMMY Florida oranges and lemons from their trees and they were SO good!

****************************************************************

I need to run to get a couple of things, but thought .. oh, I"ll just run to the Mini Mart instead of driving the 20 minutes to Fremont to the store, since I just need a couple of things.  Our little town doesn't have a grocery store but the Mini Mart ( gas station) is kind of like a mini grocery store.  It actually carries Meat, product ect... and the prices aren't that bad. 
On the edge of town a Dollar General is about to open. Everyone seems so happy about it. I'm kind of like :(
I like living in a charming "little" town.
I really don't mind waiting behind a tractor. lol

Why wont anyone just let me have my slow paced life?? lol  Yesterday I laid down on the couch to take a little snooze .. and had this face in mine staring at me to get up the entire time. ugh!




Chill,
Vic

3 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

love your card creations- and living in a small town is nice...but the new homes are happening here... :( we still only have the gas station, donut shop and hunting store..

harrahx2 said...

Lily makes ma laugh. Get off my space, you have your own space. Does Amy's parents visit mean anything special that I should know about, LOLOLOL......love the cards and holding my breath for some good news on that front!! Hugs and love from the shingles lady........

2amscrapper said...

I've always admired your work. Loved today's blog post--I can sooo relate! Lovely makes!