Friday, April 22, 2016

Gift and fundraiser basket ideas

Hello!
I hope it was a great week for all of you! It was a rainy one here. I'm ready for some Sunshine! We are getting a bit today... so yay for that!
It was a good week for inside projects. I thought I'd share the Gift baskets I worked on this week.  My friend Julie hired me to put together a couple of gift baskets for her for an upcoming fundraiser . "Run Wild for a Child" ( I'll tell you more about it below with a link).   I love doing these sorts of things, and I had a few ideas in keeping with Children/Family, them but decided to scan Pinterest as well.  OH MY!  I was just blown away by the creative ideas for things like this I saw on Pinterest.  I was so inspired. I couldn't wait to get started.
   I looked up cupcake sayings and found one that said "be a Beautiful Cupcake in a world of muffins" and I knew I had to use that. I switched it out in photoshop with the saying that was on this free printable I found.
I loved the idea mom/child baking activity. Something fun for both of them.Mom gets some fun new colorful baking utensils and a Pioneer Woman kitchen towel and the kits get the fun of decorating cupcakes and baking with mom ( or dad).  And who doesn't love cupcakes? right?


For the second one I was wanting it to be a "Summer starter kit" for kits. At least that's what I had floating around in my brain.  I was just going to use a sand pail but I knew I couldn't get much in it. Then I saw the idea of a plastic chair being use.  Genius!   Now I have room for things :)   I had no idea how much the chairs were but found them at Hobby Lobby for around $7 ... and then used my 40% off Cupon.    Oh yesss it did. lol
Hobby Lobby had a lot of their Summer kid stuff on sale. Then picked up some at Target and the Dollar store.
You know me and banners.... it HAD to have one. lol
I hope this makes some little one happy :)

The Event is "Run Wild for a Child"
It's a 5K/Family Fun Walk. The purpose of the event is to raise awareness in the community on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet these needs in Fremont and Dodge County.
 You can find out more about it or Register Online here

*********************************************************
 
Like I was saying ... lots and lots of rain.
the ditches along side the country roads are just full.  Still water in the one in front of the house today. I know we needed it tho so hopefully it settles in so the farmers can get back into the fields to plant soon.


This little one has been keeping me busy also.  Poor Lily has so many tummy troubles. I am sure that is why she never stayed long at a home before we got her at the rescue. Anything upsets her digestive system which causes her potty troubles at times.There are also some other things about that , that cause the Vet to think there is either a neurological issue adding to it or something from a previous injury .  Between her prescription food and antibiotics we do okay with flair ups from time to time. I feel so sorry for her.  We love her so much and would never ever consider giving her up. I don't know how anyone could .   But but what little bit we know of her history makes sense now.   Some people just didn't want to deal with it, it was easier just to get rid of her.  Well.... she gets treating like a princess here.  It's actually kind of ridiculous.lol


Thanks as always for coming by and listening to me ramble. Love ya :)



3 comments:

Donna said...

What beautiful, creative gift baskets you made. Love them. The idea of using a plastic chair was genius. The banner makes it look so festive. The recipients are going to absolutely love them. I also want to comment about Lily. The reason no one wanted her was that God was trying to get her to YOU. It sounds like you're the perfect family for her and she'll have a forever home with you. She's a lucky girl!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great gift baskets! I showed my daughter who loves to be in the kitchen and she laughed and smiled : )
Have A Wonderful Weekend!!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, she could not have found a better home and I adore the baskets!! Looks like you all had a good time at the gathering. Everyone is growing up and that table looks amazing and makes me hungry!