Saturday, June 11, 2016

A little 4th of July fun.

 Oh... I'm SO glad Winter is over and Summer has arrived!  It's a HOT one out today but I'm not going to complain. It's way better than cold, cloudy and grey!
I love potting plants and decorating the porch. We are having a get together here the weekend of the Fourth of July to break in the new deck. I cant wait. We're planning an outdoor movie night. I've been having fun lining things up for concession stand food and other Drive in movie themed goodies.  Oh planning theme parties is so fun! There are so many cute things these days.  Of course I'll take photos and share here (wink)
But for now I thought I'd share a banner I made this week and a few photos of the front porch ( which I decorated with that same theme).




Simple but fun, done the less :)







We spend most of our time out back on the deck, but I love decorating the front porch also.

This felt flower banner I made using my AccuCut F1029 Flowers 3D die.   I hot glued the flowers to wire. It hold them in place better than string or ribbon.


My sis got me this vintage mail box full of plants a couple of years ago. I love it and fill it with plants every Summer.

I had that red chair for sale at the Flea Market last weekend and it didn't sell. Now I'm glad because I like it out by the old door and little wagon in the side yard.  The Catalpa trees have been blooming and were so beautiful. They are finishing up now.


It's days like this when I look at Dan and say..."Moving out of town and to the country was a good decision" We love it here.
 **********************


This week the girls  were here to craft.  I don't know why I didn't take more photos. Grrrrr.   I guess I was just so excited to see them and be able to catch up I didn't think about it. As a matter of fact, Jan , Deb and I didn't even make a canvas... we were just content to chat. Julie wasnt able to be with us last time we did these canvases so need really wanted to get this one done for  her new bathroom. Karen was working on this one for her other grandchild's room.



I made this Easy Key Lime Pie again, after making it a while back and really liking it.  It's so easy to make and SO yummy!  ( if you like tart.. because it's Tart!) I like it that way.

Here is the recipe
\

Hoping you are all enjoying your Summer!
I'll be back soon with more to share.
Still keeping my typing to a minimum because of this stupid brace on my finger.  Makes typing a chore.

Thanks always for coming over and letting me share!


3 comments:

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Your decorations are wonderful -so warm and inviting!! Glad you and the girls could get together - nothing like crafting with your friends! Hope you have an enjoyable weekend : )

harrahx2 said...

Hey ViCki...just catching up. How very beautiful! I want your yard and your creativity. Sending love and hugs!!

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

What great pictures of your fun porch and yard decor. Love your cute felt banner & I would have loved to pick up that red chair - so sad I live so far away! Can't wait to see your movie party goodies. Big Hugs!