Tuesday, July 26, 2016

"Have Courage Be Kind" altered clock

Hello friends!
It has been smoking hot here!Whew!  I have been inside where it's cool most afternoons this past couple of weeks. Which is good, because I've been plugging away at the scrapbook pages for hire that I'm working on.  I knocked out another 32 pages.  These are simple, on overly time consuming layouts, but still take time and planning.  These pages are part of working toward scrapbooks for this persons Grandchildren.  She is very happy with them so far, which makes me HAPPY.  It took me a while to get back in the swing of 2 page layouts using as many photos as possible... but it's happening.  Not something I ever thought I'd do, but now that I'm home and not traveling like I used to, I have the time. It makes me happy to know they will be something these kids will have to look back at any time they want. Photos just capture moments in time and are so amazing. Even when I don't know all the people in the photos... the photos are really are fun to look at . New births, Holidays at Grandma and Grandpas house, cousins playing together , on and on.  Pieces of their childhood. A great reminder of why I fell in love with scrapbooking in the begining.

Today I'm sharing an altered clock project using the Life is Beautiful Collection.
from Fancy Pants. It's such a great collection.

 There are always so many cute elements to play with.


Here is how it started.  Instead of tossing it ....repurpose it!

Here is the link to the original post of mine on the Fancy Pants Blog if you'd like to check it out.

_________________________________________________

It's been a while since I did these wood knobs, but it was fun to see them featured here

 t DIY Educator HERE


In the same blog post where I talked about decoupage using these Crafty Secrets images, I also had this altered bust.  It seems like it was so long ago that I worked on these.  If any of you were wondering, Sandy from Crafty Secrets still sells Digital Images over at Crafty Vintage Girl
I sure miss that girl! Sandy and I talked the other night and caught up again. So much has changed for them. They moved for one thing. She sold off her stock to just sell digital. Her and Scotts youngest is married now, and expecting. And another one of their daughters is getting married soon.  I miss us talking multiple times a week like we used to. And seeing each other when I went to Canada to work or when we worked all those shows together. BUT... I'm so happy she's happy and actually has time to slow down and enjoy things. That girl worried me with all the hours she put into that business. Total commitment.  So much has changed, but never our friendship. She is like a sister to me.
Time moves on, things change, but true friendship lasts!


Whats new around here?  Just everyday stuff. But everyday stuff can be pretty amazing at times right?
Like these little sweeties that come to visit when I'm out on the deck.





And like beautiful sunsets over the cornfield.
It's not a exotic ocean view from a tropical island... but it's MY view..........and beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?


What are your favorite everyday things about Summertime?  I'd love to hear.

I'll be back soon. I always appreciate you stopping by!


1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

Wow love those knobs!! Of course, I love everything you do. Love about summer? My Larry is retired. Heat makes you stay in. I enjoy his company a lot! Not enough creating though. Need to get busy. Hugs my friend.