Wednesday, September 07, 2016

"Life is Good" oval Canvas for Fancy Pants Designs

Hello!  Hoping everyone had a great Labor Day weekend, and are enjoying your week so far.   I'll share a bit of our weekend, but first let me share a new oval canvas I created for Fancy Pants Designs.    I've made canvases with these flowers before but I've never done an oval canvas.  This one has been in my supply closet for a while now, so it was time to dig it out. It's pretty big actually, 19x15 1/2 
My assignment was "Happy Hues"

 Here are the hues I was given as my guide.  NO problem because I LOVE these colors. Challenge accepted!

I used a mix of a bunch of different Fancy Pants papers.  Projects like this are always a great way to use up those pretty patterned paper scraps.   I love using washi tape as a finish on my  canvas edge.  This glittery gold from Fancy Pants is one of my very favorites.

I was really struggling with feeling like the edge needed to have more of a finish, but couldn't figure out how to do that.  I finally decided on just an edge of black dots , made with my sharpie. Sometimes I struggle with something and it ends up being the simplest thing that is the answer. lol


This was Dan's work weekend so that was a bummer.  He got Sunday off but had to work Saturday. I took the dogs out to the cabin and met up with Amy and Wes.  It was a gorgeous day! This is always my favorite view from the back of our lot.


This is what I saw when I pulled up. These two crack me up.


This is the view from the front of the cabin.

We took the dogs down to the sand bar to run around.  We would have dragged Jarad and Kate with us but, Jarad works the same schedule as Dan ( at the same place), so he was working also.  Kate was busy mowing, as I think they were having friends out to watch the game that night.
The dogs had fun, but boy did they get sandy. Bath time before we head home!

We also got to spend some time with the family over the weekend.  Ryan and Erin were back from Colorado for a friends wedding so we all got together for lunch on Sunday. ( Ryan is my sister Jan's son)


It's always a fun time when we get together.

And "poof" the weekend is over.  It always goes so fast, doesn't it?

Dan did have Monday and Tuesday off , so he and I worked on the landscaping around the house.  Can I just say ... "hot and humid"??  Good grief.    I was picking out rocks, and moving them to the landscaping in the front of the house, while Dan dug and put in the blocks.  I know it will look nice when it's all done,..but yuck, not a fun job. The biting flies were ridiculous.ahhhh

Today I didn't leave the house.  Laundry, cleaning and baked some muffins.  Because ...... it's PUMPKIN time! lol
Every year here on my blog I share my  Pumpkin Muffin recipe, because it's easy, yummy and they freeze so well.   Here you go

 . If you get a chance... give em a whirl..they are pretty Yummy!

Pumpkin muffins/bread
3 cups sugar (I used less)
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 (15oz cans) pumpkin
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinn
1 tsp nutmeg
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
Combine all ingredients and mix with electric mixer. Pour into muffin tins or loaf pans sprayed with non stick spray. Makes 3 large loaves or 3 dozen muffins.
Bake at 350
Bake loaves approx 60 minutes and muffins approx 30 minute

Enjoy!!!



I'll be back soon!
I have some fun new projects to share using my new Little Blue House Sept Kit.


1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

Love the New sign off! Love the framed art and loved the recipe. Sounds like a good time all around. A little company and a little work time. Good balance!