Friday, November 25, 2016

Fancy Pants Designs"Golden Fall Day's" layout

Here I am  sitting writing a blog post as I enjoy a turkey sammich lol thinking how did that happen so fast?  I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving and being with family for some time now. .. and it's already over! I think it's been the same since I was a kid... always let down that it's all over so fast when it comes to holidays. I look forward to them for so long and then boom .. they're over.  The good thing is that Christmas will be here before we know it.  This year we did something a little different again. Since many of us have kids/grandkids in different parts of the country now  .. wanting to spend holidays with them, and knowing they usually cant make it back for both Thanksgiving AND Christmas, we've decided to focus on Christmas as our big gathering here. This Thanksgiving our family was spread out...thru Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Missouri , Texas, and Nebraska.

We had our Thanksgiving here with our kids on Wednesday since Wes and Amy had to work on Thursday. We gathered here Wednesday late afternoon and had Thanksgiving dinner together.  We also had My nephew Brent and his wife Diana here with us.  It was a really nice time.  I'll share some photos below, but for now  I'll share  may last Fall   project of the season.

This is a layout done with the Fancy Pants Designs "Golden Day's Collection", which I have to say, was one of my very favorites from Fancy Pants.


 I had been wanted to do some pages using photos from the trip with took to the Outer Banks, and this collection was perfect for that, as it was Fall when we went.


Oh, how wish I could wake up and go sit out here watch the sun come up on the ocean again.  It was AMAZING!


I'm telling you.. for me there is just nothing better than the smell of a turkey cooking as your home fills with people you love as much as I love these.  Such a nice time.  With the kids crazy work scheduled, it's rare that we all  can be together at the same time.  We were happy that Brent and Diana said yes, when we invited them to come be with us for the day. This was Nathaniel's (their son) first Holiday not at home.  He is now in college in AZ.  Boy do I remember what that feels like when the last one leaves the nest.:(
It's hard , especially on holidays.  We did Facetime with Nathaniel later in the night, so that was nice.  He was in great hands there, having dinner with the AZ family, and I know my sis was in heaven, getting to have him there to spend the holiday with them.   I know he got lots of love and a belly full of yummy food.
When I talked to my sis the day before, she was making Grandmas famous Apple Dumplings. I told him he would not be lacking when it came to yummy food, because sis is a amazing cook.
We had plenty to eat here also. I made Turkey, stuff, potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, pumpkin pies and pumpkin dessert.  Diana brought broccoli casserole, moms special Sweet Potato Casserole and deviled eggs.
( note: I told Wes if he didn't stop with the goofy faces when I was taking pictures, that I was just going to start  posting them lol  ... so he was warned) lol
I don't know who Jarad managed to run from the camera :(

Nathaniel may have been in AZ this Thanksgiving but he still manages to make his Aunties heart happy with these pretty flowers.  I love that kid!

I look ruff in the photo, I know.  No makeup for one thing but it had not been the best of weeks for me.  I had the worst toothache I have ever had in my life,  that had started last Thursday.  I had gotten my teeth cleaned on Tuesday and I think it just really worked up a tooth I was waiting to get into the Endodontist for, for a root canal.     The dentist put me on some  antibiotics  but  they just weren't doing the trick.  So... long story short...  there was a change in the antibiotics, pain pills didn't work,  day's and nights of pacing the floor in pain, which triggered a migraine.  Luckily it was Dan's weekend off, because Saturday night he ended up taking me into the emergence room. The migraine on top of the tooth pain was making me very sick.   Five different shots in my bum at the ER and I was pain free.... FOR a whopping TWO HOURS :(     and it was right back to square one.  At that point I just did what I could do to make it until I could get into an Endodontist in Omaha for a  root canal on Tuesday!  I was SO RELIEVED when that was over and the pain was gone.  Tired but relieved. Remember I was having Thanksgiving the next day.. on Wed.   Everyone  kept saying .. just let it go.. and go out to eat.   I have a lot of my dads strongheadedness. lol  We WERE having Thanksgiving come hell or high water. lol   
We pulled it off and it was a great day!  ( Thanks to everyone for helping out!)  I asked Wes to do the vaccuming upstairs.  ( I get they wont arrive early every again. lol)


Since it was Wednesday night and one of the kids friends Band was playing back in his home town, they kids ran up to the bar for a bit to see him and listen a bit.  Dylan Bloom Band
Love this photo of our kids.


I had a craft planned for us girls for later in the night also.  It was really fun.  I'll be doing a blog post with photos and the link to how to make them later this week.

What ever your Thanksgiving plans were, I hope they are all you were hoping for. I think if we all stop and think... we all have so much to be thankful for.  I know, I do.

I am also thankful for all of you!  Thankful for your friendship!

Thanks for stopping by and checking  in.

Vic

1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, so sad to hear of the many hours of pain you endured. I can't imagine what it must have been like and to do Thanksgiving on top of it. You are one STRONG WOMAN and I love you for it. I will PM chat tomorrow or the next day.........Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving. So blessed to have you in my life.