Sunday, March 12, 2017

Altered wood accordian pieces using ADORNit and "Spring" banners for sale.

Hey everyone!  I hope you had a great weekend!  Mine wasn't great simply because I caught the cold but that is going around.  I haven't gotten much of anything done this weekend at all, and to tell you the truth I've felt just cruddy enough not to care. lol
I had worked on these earlier in the week, so I thought I'd share them with you today.   While the girls and I were out to lunch one day last week, we stopped into a little shop, and I spotted these wood, free standing accordion fold pieces.  They had a design on them but nothing spectacular.... and that's okay, because it just made it that much easier to cover when I altered them. lol

I used ADORNit papers and stickers on both of these.  The one with five pieces I used to alter with our family photos .  ADORNit has some great paper collections.  You can see them all here.



 
I made this one for my sis with her adorable grandson on it.  They were so fun, I wish I had more of them to alter.  They are the perfect size for a gift for someone for their desk at work.  Well, anywhere, mantel, end table ect.

Is he a punk'n or what???


This is what I started out saying a few days ago.  I really thought I was just "a little HORSE" lol from sinus issues.  We are way past that now.  geeeezzz   This is nasty stuff that's going around. It doesn't help that I haven't had a cold or been sick for a while.... because I'm really being a baby about it. lol
I am a person who loves sleep and when something disrupts that ... UGH.. like this coughing, ... I am not a happy camper.  
Here is hoping for improvement tomorrow.



I mentioned a while back that I would have a few SPRING banners for sale. I had some orders, so while I was at it I made a few extras.  If anyone is interested just shoot me an email at vickichrisman@hotmail.com

Each banner piece is approx 4x5.5   Lots of machine stitching with gold thread.  You can see in the close up shot below.  ( and you can click on this one to see it larger).


Stickles was used on the flowers and Diamond Glaze on the butterflies.


$14 plus $3 shipping ( US only)


Okay friends, it's back to the couch for me.
I'll be back soon 

 

1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

Oh Vicki, I hope you feel better, I hate a cold. It is such a helpless feeling. Love your wood desk treats. They are darling. Just the right size. I love your banners. I still have mine from aw long time ago! Hugs my friend and feel better.