Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Sharing some cards and Our Easter

Hey friends!  Hoping everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend!  We had a great Easter with family! As always, after a holiday I have my usual blast of photos to share.  But I'll share a couple of cards first.
I'm having so much fun with Tammy Tutterows stamps these days.  I'm so lucky to work with products that work so well together.  I always use Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L adhesives, because they had the perfect adhesive for any project.. that's just a given for me.  The papers I used on the card below with Tammy's stamp, are Fancy Pants Designs.  I feel so blessed to be lucky enough to work with all my favorites!

No super fancy markers or techniques on the card above.  I went old school with Sharpies and chalk. I wish you could see the sparkle on this card.  It's amazing!  I LOVE my SAKURA Gelly Roller (stardust) pen!!!  
A number of you had asked me about them before. I know there are a number of colors ..but I LOVE the CLEAR one, because you can use it over anything!

This week I had my first day back posting on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog.  I have a tutorial showing how I used their Foam Shapes and glitter to create the embellishments for this card.
You can see it HERE

I'm also a huge fan of using foam tape to give my image some lift from the page.  I used it on both these cards.



For those of you who might be new to visiting my blog, just a heads up. I LOVE my family and can not stop myself from sharing photos after our get togethers. lol  Those who have been coming here for years know the routine. lol    I come from a large family.  We love being together.  As nuts as it can get at times...we wouldn't change it for anything.   Years ago we grew to big for having our holidays at anyones house, so we started renting a place.   It was hard at first, not being at mom and dads house, but  we quickly realized, it doesn't matter as long as we are together.  For our family that isn't here in NE, we are so thankful we are able to text, chat and Facetime with them on the Holidays that we cant be together.
 Time has changed things.  Mom and Dad have both passed. We've had to deal with the heartache of loosing them, and carrying on family holiday traditions without them.   But we have all these new sweet little people that remind us what our parents taught us about how important "family" is.  Sometimes I just think how mom and dad  must be just looking down and smiling at all these sweet new additions that have come along since they've passed.  I imagine my dad leaning over to my mom and saying .. " Just look what we started" lol   (Which he did often).


We were so thrilled Neely and Tennessee were able to be back in NE from LA for Easter.  I can not believe how fast this little guy is growing up!


I am telling you... there is just nothing better then watching my sis Jan and brother in law Keith with him. They adore him.  Their first and only grandchild right now.   They will be blessed with a granddaughter soon.  Their son Ryan and his wife are expecting.

The place we rent is in my small town.  The building is very close to the city park, so we all head here for a little egg smashing fun. What??

IFY for those of you who have seen photos over the years of Griffin, Jayvier and Adian, I'll blow you away with this photo.  They are teens!



Back to the "egg smashing"
Diana ( niece. Brents wife, Nathaniel's mom)  is originally from Mazatlan Mexico.  She now shares with us a tradition from her childhood there.  Cascarons .   They are eggs that have been emptied, washed, dried, painted, and filled with confetti.   The idea is to run to catch a person and crack it on their head.    Diana hand painted all the eggs herself.


A cascarón (plural cascarones, without accent mark; from Spanish cascarón, "eggshell," the augmentative form of cáscara, "shell") is a hollowed-out chicken egg filled with confetti or small toys. Cascarones are common through Mexico and are similar to the Easter eggs popular in many other countries. They are mostly used in Mexico during Carnival, but in US and Mexico border towns the cultures combined making them a popular Easter tradition.
Decorated, confetti-filled cascarones may be thrown or crushed over the recipient's head to shower him or her with confetti. In addition to Easter, cascarones have become popular for occasions including birthdays, Halloween, Cinco de Mayo, Dieciséis, Day of the Dead, and weddings (wedding cascarones can be filled with birdseed). Like many popular traditions in Mexico, cascarones are increasingly popular in the southwestern United States.[1] For example, they are especially prominent during the two-week, city-wide festival of Fiesta in San Antonio, Texas. Cascarones are usually made during Easter time.


She puts so much work into these, and makes A LOT of them for everyone in the family to be able to participate.  Trust me.. it's not just the little kids who have fun with this... lol

Planning the attack

sneaky


Getting even


Run!!!

I had to laugh when I came across this photo.  I think Amy had just cracked one on Wes. lol

We are so lucky to have Diana share this tradition with us, and love us enough to make all these for us.  They are definitely a labor of love.We have so much fun.  It's now turned into a family tradition for us.


It always does my heart good to have a day with the big fam.  It was extra special to get to have Neely and Tenn here.  I love this photo of them in the park.  When I drive into town from our place I   go right by the park.  I love that  know when I drive by.... I'll have this memory.


Thankful for these people


Project life card from "One Velvet Morning"



Thanks for stopping by and letting me share.


Vicki

3 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

What a wonderful post - thank you for letting me get to know you + your family <3 That little guy is so stinkin' cute! Love that pic of him - lol! Great (new) family tradition -I'm sure everyone got into it. HAHAHA!! Of course, the lovely cards esp. from Miss Tammy (love her btw - known her for years <3 ). OK - back to work for me...nice break from blogging ;) Have a good one xo

Margie Higuchi said...

...OMGosh, I do not know how to type...Of course, I enjoyed the lovely cards....(lol!)...

harrahx2 said...

I have that stamp Vicki and I love it! I did my swap card with it. Love the fam photos. How fun to have everyone together. Kids are growing up way too quickly and it is good to see them! Hugs and love.........