Friday, September 29, 2017

"I could Fall for you" Fall hanging using Tammy Tutterow stamps / Rhubarb Crisp recipe


Hey Everyone!  It's Five for Fridays with Tammy Tutterows Creative time and I have a little something "Fallish" to share.  I used this stamp on my project a couple of weeks ago when I made a little decorative box of candy, I loved it so much I couldn't quit. lol   Well, you know, it's only Fall for so long, so who knows, I'm sure you might see it here again :)
This time I made a little decorative hanging for my sis. 
Again, simple coloring, but the stamp is so beautiful, it makes such a statement.


I could Fall for you  Stamp from Tammy Tutterow



As always, every other Friday is "Five for Fridays" with Tammy Tutterows Creative Team.  A day where everyone  shares a new project.   There are such a creative bunch of ladies, you will want to check out there projects here on Tammy's Blog.
You can also get the links there for their personal blogs.




It's feeling like Fall here this week, for the first time.  It feels great to have the air conditioning off and the windows open.  It's not always so good for my headaches, but I do love Fall.
My sis was here over and look what she brought.  Rhubarb Crisp.
Oh, anything Rhubarb reminds me so much of mom.  She baked with it often and also make Strawberry Rhubarb jelly.  Yum!
This Crisp was so delicious that I asked my sis if I could share the recipe here.
It's super easy and so Yummy!!!



Rhubarb Crisp

4 cups Rhubarb
1 sm box of Jello (strawberry)
1 Cake mix (White)
1 c Sugar
1 1/2 c Water
1 stick Butter

Place Rhubarb in 9x13 Pan. Mix dry jello and sugar together. Sprinkle over Rhubarb. Add water.
Sprinkle cake mix over above ingredients. Place butter (sliced) over cake mix.  Bake 350 for 35 min.


As we were talking about Rhubarb, my sis was saying this rhubarb she has is some that was from my grandmas original plant.  Why did that make it taste even better? lol    I have some that I've planted here, but I think I need to move it into more direct sun, as it hasn't done really well.
Another thing for next years "to do" list.


Update on my foot.

Because of the accident things we had planned for this Summer just got put on hold.
Speaking of that.  I didn't get the news I was hoping for at the appointment with my Orthopedic Surgeon last week.   I have still been having a lot of pain in my foot, and it's difficult to walk. I had it in my mind that it was probably just a bone spur and they would just give me a Cortisone shot and send me home.
Instead he said that the X-ray showed that the joint between the two bones was breaking down and becoming arthritic.
 I have now been fitted for a brace that will  fit inside my shoe. The brace is being custom made and will be ready in another week or two.   That will be the first thing to try.  If I continue to have pain, the other option is another surgery. This would be to fuse the two bones together.  This would limit the mobility of my foot, but as he said, I don't have the much now the way it is.
I am in no hurry to have another surgery, that will lay be up for months again, so please pray the brace will help.
There are so many people with trouble WAY bigger than this, so I shouldn't complain.   I AM thankful that the accident wasn't worse and that no one else was hurt.
I just need to be patient.

Thank you to everyone for your messages, cards, and prayers!

Hugs all around!


11 comments:

Catherine said...

I love your wall hanging, Vicki, it's beautiful. I love orange and blue together, it's such a pretty combination. The rhubarb crisp looks amazing. I love rhubarb, my dad grew it in the garden when I was a kid and mom would make pies every Autumn. I'm sorry to hear you've had a setback with your foot. I will pray the brace helps.

Cathie ♥

The Gypsy Magpie said...

This wall hanging is lovely! Your coloring of the stamped image is so nice- with a great choice of colors that go perfectly with all the trimmings.
So sorry to hear about the slowdown in progress with your foot but you've got such a positive attitude- hang in there!!

harrahx2 said...

Oh Vicki, first, I love the little wall hanging and what a cute cute idea! Second, I am sad about the foot. If you must be laid up, winter is the time to do it. I hope you don't need it but it has to be better than pain. I am so sad for you honey. I wish I could sweep in and fix it! Hugs.

Lin said...

Vicki, this is darling! I love, love, love the bits of blues that you added to the autumnal tones! Gorgeous work!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Thank you so much Catherine! I love orange and blue together so much! And rhubarb, love it also!!! Thank you so much for your prayers!

Vicki Chrisman said...

You are so kind! Thanks so much!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Thanks my JANE ❤️ I just have to keep praying for it to heal enough now to be painful. I can't even think about another foot surgery and recovery time again right now. Positive vibes!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Thanks so much Lin!

Margie Higuchi said...

So glad to pop in because I was wondering how things have been going. Continued prayers of healing - sorry to hear that you are in pain. Sending you positive vibes that the brace will work! xo

Vicki Chrisman said...

Thanks so much Margie ❤️

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, Vic! You nailed it! That pop of teal with these fall colors and the burlap is just gorgeous. And, I love your coloring. I am so NOT a colorer. Every detail here is just perfection. You are so talented. I will be praying for your ankle/foot. So sorry this is dragging on. Big hugs!