Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and Stampendous Blog Hop

If you haven't been over to the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog this week, you might not know that there is a super fun blog hop going on with Stampendous.  I  hope you get a chance to check it out. Lots of great projects being shared by both teams.
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog
Stampendous blog

Today I am sharing this card on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog, but I thought I'd share a little step by step of how I created the background, here on my blog.

I adore these cute Polar Bears from Stampendous.  Polar Bears Cling Stamps and Dies Set
I wanted to create a "wintery" looking card, but try a background with non traditional Christmas Colors.  I actually love how it turned out.   Below I'll show you how to create the easy background technique.


Here you can see the stamp/die set Polar Bears Cling Stamps and Dies Set
This is a super easy technique that always seems to produce a cool result.
 Just apply some ink to your clear acrylic block by rubbing or dabbing the ink directly to it.

Give it a few of mists of water. ( you want it to be pretty saturated).

Flip it over onto watercolor paper, pressing down and then leaving it set about 3 minutes. ( this gives the water and ink a chance to absorb into the paper). ( If you want the colors to be lighter, you can pick it up sooner). 

Of course, each time the result will be unique from the one before.  I love that!
I also like the raw edge :)


It's a super fun background, don't you thing?  I think my bears like it. :)


I also can never resist using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares to make the featured stamp pop off the page. 

I hope you're inspired to give it a try!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Vicki

1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

Love your card Vic. Just got my refills for my tape runner by 3M!