Such a fun photo to work with this month!
Flora and Olive grew up watching their father fly. When they were small their mother Isabel would sit on the beach with them and they would wave as father tipped the wing as he flew over. As they grew older they shared his passion for taking to the skies. And as the years went by and they got a a bit older they no longer had to sit on the ground as he flew over, father often took them with him for rides. They were always so excited for those weekends. They never missed a chance to be at their father’s side as he prepped the plane for flight. Watching and learning. They were not like many of the other girls of their time, needlework, and cooking did not interest them in the least. They knew they were going to fly on their own someday, and learning all they could about aviation consumed any spare time they might have. By the time they were in their early twenties they could do just that. Fly… on their own. Always thankful for their encouraging mother who taught them to be strong and confident young women. They always wore their beautiful dresses for photos before they changed in to their flying entire as she would request.
I'm really enjoying these "Whatevers" projects each month. It seems each month I feel like doing something a little different. Maybe something not normally my style.... and I LIKE it! It's always fun to step out of your comfort zone and just play :)
Be sure to check out what Nathalie and Catherine created this month and read their stories.
Here is how it works if you want to play along:
- Nat, Cat and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you – just right click on it to safe it to download and show us your version of The Whatevers.
- There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us andshow us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
You can grab the blinkie here if you want to add it to your sidebar
You can share your work with us by submitting here:
http://www.inlinkz.com/script.php?id=211347&nojump=1&key=ILsAMVSkcOL96>get the InLinkz code
Thanks for coming by.. and remember we'd love to have you play along with us!
Have a great day!