Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Halloween Banner with Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Vintage images and stamps

I don't think I could probably ever get tired of making banners. They are one of my very favorite things to make.  Probably a very good thing, because I've been making a lot of them these days.  I'm working on some things for an upcoming Flea Market/ Craft Show coming up the first weekend in October.   I'll be sharing more about that very soon ;)
Anyway, here is one of the Halloween banners I make using the "Creating with Vintage Halloween CD" and Halloween stamps.       You can see the Halloween stamps that are available now here
The Pennant die you see me using for my banners is AccuCut die   Pennant Flags


 
There are so many fun papers on the Halloween CD.
 

Brace yourself... more banners to come. lol

Although I love Fall, it's always hard for me to say goodbye to Summer :(     But this week, I finally did start bringing out a few bits of Fall décor.


I am happy now with this new furniture I can use my soft table the way I've always really wanted to, between the two rooms.


And..... I baked my first batch of pumpkin muffins of the Season. (certainly not the last) we love these.   I've been making these for years. Since the boys were babies. I share this recipe here on my blog every Fall, so ... as not to break tradition...  here it is once again.  SO easy and freeze great!!

Pumpkin muffins/bread
3 cups sugar (I used less)
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 (15oz cans) pumpkin
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinn
1 tsp nutmeg
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
Combine all ingredients and mix with electric mixer. Pour into muffin tins or loaf pans sprayed with non stick spray. Makes 3 large loaves or 2-3 dozen muffins. ( depending on how big you make them)
Bake at 350
Bake loaves approx 60 minutes and muffins approx 30 minute
**( this is an old recipe.. and originally said to bake in 3, 1lb coffee cans ;)
 


Last night I had issues sleeping, so I got up for a bit.  I looked out the window to see this.  What a gorgeous night.  I wanted to share.    Autumn is in the air.




Thanks as always for stopping by!

Vicki

5 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love this classy banner, Vic! I agree...the Halloween papers are so much fun to work with. I love that die! Must make it really quick to work up a banner. I have to cut mine by hand. Not as fast! Thanks for the pumpkin muffin recipe. Yum!

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Love it! Love it! Your sofa table looks terrific...can you come over? he he, have a good day!
Leticia

Jean said...

BEautiful banner! I have two cans of pumpkin in the pantry - guess I should make some muffins!

Heddy Frank said...

Vicki, You've delighted me again! Do you ever give tutorials? I'd be happy to fly cross country to attend one of yours. Especially after the Raves I received for the Easter Banner! I've stored it in its own box. Wrapped in acid free paper and bubble wrap!
So now I'm Scrutinizing your fabulous Autumn banner! Hopefully, mine will look a little bit
like yours. If it comes out somewhat ok I'll send you a pic. But Only if I think it looks even a tiny bit like yours! LoL!
Heddy

Debbie K. said...

Cute banner, Ms. Vicki! You always have such fun things to post. Your house looks very festive. I'd better pull out my Halloween things soon as it takes me forever to get it up and it'll be Christmas before we know it...yikes. Have a great week!