If your not familiar with how we have fun bringing these old photos to life by giving them a story, you can read more about it here. And there is also more about it at the bottom of this post. We would love to have you play along!
I've been looking forward to working with this fun photo. Here is my story.
"Bye Bye Winter Blues"
It's mid February. More now then ever the days seemed long, dark, and dreary in the halls of the nursing home, but when Miss Kayleen came thru the door all that changed.
Everyone always looked so forward to the days that Miss Kayleen came to visit.
She sang and danced around the room, without a care as to how silly she might look. She sat on the lap of her put together snowman boyfriend, and sang one tune after another. Everyone came from their rooms to gather around the activity. They clapped and smiled as she took time to chat and joke with all of them. Miss Kayleen has been coming for many years now, not just to visit her aging father but to try to brighten the days of everyone there. No winter Blues with Miss Kayleen around!
I had some fun with a snowflake stencil, some mists, paint, papers, stitching and bits and pieces of stickers, for the letters. For the back edge I used Carolees Creations Texture Templates 12x12 sheets. The smaller chipboard letters on the photo are from Fancy Pants Designs.
Don't for get to see what they girls created this month
Here is a bit about how it works if you'd like to join in
- Nat, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!
- There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
Thanks so much for stopping!
I hope the rest of your day is fantastic!