Friday, June 17, 2016

Fathers Day Cards using Fancy Pants Designs

Hard to believe here is it over half way thru June already!  Fathers Day is this weekend!  I thought I'd share some Fathers Day Cards I created using the Fancy Pants Designs "Good Fellows Collection".

I was thrill to have another "guyish" Collection to work with. Seems like there are lots of pretty feminine  papers to choose from when I go to make something  but sometimes the guy stuff gets pushed aside. Having two boys I always loved it when I new masculine collection was released.
This is a great one! Look at these fun washi tapes.






And Wood Veneer pieces.  CUTE!


I was so excited to send this card to Tennesses Daddy, Alan, for his very first Fathers Day.


I cant talk about Fathers Day without mentioning my Dad of course.  I miss him SO much!  It's been 30 year now since he passed. That seems unbelievable to me.  I was 24 years old. Weston was 4 and Jarad 1.  My parents where older when I came along so Dad was 73... but still taken way to soon.   What I wouldn't do to  have had him with us longer, to learn more from him.  Mom was 10 years younger than Dad. She never remarried after he passed. They were forever. The day mom passed all I could think was .... now they are dancing in heaven together again at last.  My parents loved to dance and where good at it.  They actually met at a dance... back in 1938.  I wonder then if they ever thought of the future ahead of them..... Marriage, 7 kids, lots and lots grandchildren and great grandchildren. All because two people fell in love.   I know the theme is Fathers Day, but it's pretty hard to talk about Dad without mom.... they were a team!
How lucky I was to have them.
Happy Fathers Day in Heaven Dad. I love you!

Wow... 30 years and it still makes me cry to think about them.  Time to talk about the fun week I had.  Moving on...

This week Wyatt and Emmett's mommy is out of state visiting her Grandmother, so their Daddy and I are covering things.  I have them during the day and he takes over at night.  He goes to work early and works a long day of construction.  Its been SO hot!! He's been going in early to avoid the heat..but still works a really long day.   Some of you may know ... I'm a bit of a night owl. ( major understatement).... so getting up at 5am has been a change for me. lol   I go to their house until the kids are up.  Then off to Bible School, swimming lessons ect.. and then over here to my house.   It's a full day... so lets just say this girl is ready for bed a lot earlier than usual. lol      I'm not used to all that anymore.

One afternoon this week Lyla was here also, while her daddy had a few things to take care of . I'm not a Grandma yet, but I get to be Grandma Vicki to Lyla also.
These two crack me up.


Wyatt is 9 now and  so grown up.  He's taking a break watching some TV before he leave for Baseball.

I have to say, I just don't think there is much that's cuter than a bunch of little ones, singing their bible school songs. This was at their program this morning.






and then off to swimming lessons.   Emmett is such a character. He cracks me up numerous times a day. Yesterday is poked me on the arm and call me a  "little rascal" lol.




Like I said.. I don't have grandchildren yet..but I can  imagine how amazing it is.. because these kids just make the world seem brighter!

It's been a fun filled week.   But it's 8:20pm and I'm ready for my jammies. lol


Have a fantastic weekend!!

Vicki

3 comments:

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great cards!! You have a real knack for putting all different kinds of DP together and making them work. Sweet pictures of your little ones and you know there is nothing like a group of kids singing about Jesus! Loved the VBS video clip - precious as can be!!

saki said...

this is so cute. and looking more beautiful and more useful. i like your updates and more energetic. keep doing.
PHP Training in Chennai

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Loving all the elements you used for this cute card. Enjoyed the family kids photos too.
Was thinking of you as JunkStock approaches this weekend...My favorite little artist Sara with the Purple Pincushion will be displaying her adorable designs. I've wanted to come that direction (friends in Fremont) this summer but the calendar has taken us easterly..Life so many adventures. Have a great week.