Sunday, August 13, 2017

A few Fancy Pants Designs Projects using the "Dream Big" Collection / and meeting Evelyn

Ready to start a brand new week?  Well, here we go!  Seems like the weekends fly by, doesn't it?  We were excited to meet the newest member of the family this weekend.  Here and her Momma and Daddy were here from Colorado to visit so we all got together for dinner last night.  I'll share some photos below, but first ( as always :)  a few projects.  These are projects I had up in my blog post on the Fancy Pants Designs blog this week.  If you haven't been over there in a while, pop by and check out all the new creative inspiration from the DT using the newest collections.
I used the Dream Big Collection for these projects.

Here is my original post on the Fancy Pants Designs Blog

The first project is one of the fun Travelers Notebooks from Fancy Pants that I dressed up  and personalized.  I love the simplicity of it.  Since I'd be using it in my purse, I didn't want a lot of  embellishments that I'd have to worry about getting caught on things in my purse. ( because often my purse is .. shall we say, I bit .. disorderly? lol


I find these collections so easy to create with because there are such great ephemera pieces. I LOVE them!
I rarely make a card that I don't use Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares or Foam Tape They are a match made in heaven with these ephemera pieces!


Before adding the wreath piece, I cut a piece of plastic from some other Fancy Pants packaging and added it to the back of the wreath.   Once I had added it to the card with foam tape, I then added the center circle to the middle using foam tape again.  Just a simple thing that really adds interest to the card.
This is a super fun collection.  There are many more inspiring projects HERE on the Fancy Pants Designs Blog.


So yesterday, those family members who were able all got together for dinner to meet the newest member of the family.  Miss Evelyn June. 
Every time, I think about her name I get a lump in my throat.  Evelyn was our sweet momma name, and now it is shared with this little sweetheart.  I know mom is just smiling down from heaven.

This is my sis's newest grandbaby. She has the most darling little grandson and now a darling little grand daughter!  Her and my brother in law Keith just beam when they they are around their grand babies.  I love them both so much, so watching them interact with their grand kids just makes my heart swell!
I adore this photo of my sis with her son ( Evelyns Daddy, Ryan) and Evy.
Look at her looking at her Grandma! awwww


It was so great to see Ryan, Erin and Evelyn and also the family members that could make it for dinner.  I tried to get a photo between all the movement and chatter, but still didn't begin to get everyone in the photo.  I suppose there was about 20 of us.   We kept rotating from chair to chair so we could try to talk to everyone. lol   We are a chatty bunch for sure. lol   My brothers would say, it's just us girls :)



Getting together and spending time with my family is just what I was needing.  And I was determined I was walking in there with NO cane!   I was also determined that this Summer was not going to go by with out me getting to wear flip flops at least once!  So I did!
Seeing my fam, no cane, wearing flip flops, meeting Evelyn... that was a great day!
It was nice that Dan had the weekend off so he could come also.  Amy and Wes rode up with us to Lincoln so we had a chance to visit with them on the way there and the way back.  Jarad and Kate would have loved to come but had their Volunteer Fire Departments fundraiser dance last night.

I have given a lot of thought this week to how blessed a really am.  There were days over the past three months where I wasn't exactly thinking as positively as I should have been.  The time laying or sitting since the accident,( because I couldn't do the things I used to do) would get me down.  There are things to be  done... don't you know lol.  I would then feel bad for feeling that way or even complaining because there are so many others who have things so much worse.  I had nothing to complain about. Still ... as much as I would remind myself of that.. there were those days that were just frustrating.
Yesterday especially, as I looked around at this amazing family chattering away around the table, passing out hugs to each person as they arrived, and seeing  this beautiful new baby our family has been blessed with I thought.... Wow..... amazing!   Blessed beyond belief!

Just Blessed beyond belief!







Vicki


1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, what a sweet traveler's notebook! I love the card, too. Great colors for fall...and I always love to see your great big fabulous family gatherings! Welcome, Evelyn!